Friday, August 29, 2008

Nature and Natural


I cant pinpoint precisely when the dislike of " chemicals" got imprinted in my mind. I guess my the environment during my childhood made me so.
I grew up in a very " organic " home with home cooked food, garden produce, grandma medications; even household cleaners were biodegradable stuff like wood ash, sand, salt etc.
"English Medicines" as allopathy drugs were called, were rarely used. It was all roots and herbs potions and powders for us.
Perhaps all this caused my body to develop intolerance for chemicals in any form of consumption. I was very surprised myself to discover that I erupted into a variety of allergies if I used something as simple as a Shampoo - even branded ones of International quality! ( only Shikakai for me)

Chemicals ! I shun them like they are biological warfare weapons created by Saddam's crony Chemical Ali. And unless I'm almost into a coma or something, i never want to touch allopathy drugs.

Ayurveda is fine. But after I discovered Homeopathy, I have become a religious convert to that brand of medication.
Homeopathy is dismissed by many as a pseudoscience, faith-healing or a placebo-illusion. But I find the science behind it fascinating. The knowledge about human body types, the various influencing factors etc. gained during my study of Homeopathy has revolutionised my way of seeing people. The Human Body is indeed an awesomw piece of creation.


Ofcourse, the little pills take their time to produce results. But i have decided to stick to the snail for myself and my family.
And so far, so good. Amen.

2 comments:

YOSEE said...

Keep posting !

Dibs said...

Long time since I saw these bottles. As a kid, amma used to keep them on a high shelf in the kitchen and out of reach. However, nothing would stop me from climbing up the wodden shelves, and having some of these delicious sugar balls! Luckily nothing happened!

Homeopathy, Ayurveda, 'English medicines', Reiki - I leave no stone unturned when I get my stubborn stome throat! Antibiotics have stopped wokring for me :-(